Six Ways with Margaritas
No. 2 of the Six Margaritas is this Frozen Chocolate Margarita.
This is a sweet one, what with cocoa mix, butterscotch schnapps, and a little taste of salted caramel on the rim.
The punch of tequila still comes through, and chocolate I think makes a nice complement to it. Though I normally preferred margaritas on the rocks, I think this one tastes better over a cloud of crushed ice.
A dash of salt on the rim cuts the sweetness a tad, though it’s easily omitted if one would rather.
Hot cocoa with butterscotch schnapps is a favorite in our house when snow is swirling outside. I am so pleased to find a way to enjoy that taste minus the sub-zero temps.
Here are some more refreshing ideas for a hot day:
- Black & Blue Margarita
- Fuzzy Margarita
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita
- Thai One On Margarita
- Lemon Drop Margarita
Frozen Chocolate Margarita
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweetened hot cocoa mix, divided
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Salted Caramel Syrup, such as Torani
- Crushed ice
- Combine the tequila, schnapps, and half of the cocoa mix in a blender or whisk the ingredients together in a large mixing cup. The cocoa mix should be thoroughly dissolved.
- In a shallow dish mix together the remaining cocoa mix, sugar, and the salt.
- Pour some of the salted caramel syrup in another shallow dish. Dip the rim of two glasses in the caramel syrup, then into the cocoa mixture to coat the rim.
- Spoon some crushed ice into the dipped glasses, being careful not to mess up the rims. Pour the chocolate-tequila mixture over the ice. Serve immediately.
Create, Be Curious, Celebrate... with food!