Six Ways with Margaritas
No. 2 of the Six Margaritas is this Frozen Chocolate Margarita.
This is a sweet one, what with cocoa mix, butterscotch schnapps, and a little taste of salted caramel on the rim.
The punch of tequila still comes through, and chocolate I think makes a nice complement to it. Though I normally preferred margaritas on the rocks, I think this one tastes better over a cloud of crushed ice.
A dash of salt on the rim cuts the sweetness a tad, though it’s easily omitted if one would rather.
Hot cocoa with butterscotch schnapps is a favorite in our house when snow is swirling outside. I am so pleased to find a way to enjoy that taste minus the sub-zero temps.
Here are some more refreshing ideas for a hot day:
- Black & Blue Margarita
- Fuzzy Margarita
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita
- Thai One On Margarita
- Lemon Drop Margarita
Frozen Chocolate Margarita
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 4 teaspoons sweetened hot cocoa mix, divided
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Salted Caramel Syrup, such as Torani
- Crushed ice
- Combine the tequila, schnapps, and 2 teaspoons of the cocoa mix in a glass. Stir until the cocoa mix is thoroughly dissolved.
- In a shallow dish mix together the remaining 2 teaspoons of cocoa mix, sugar, and salt.
- Pour some of the salted caramel syrup in another shallow dish. Dip the rim of a drink glass in the caramel syrup, then into the cocoa mixture to coat the rim.
- Use a spoon to fill the glass with crushed ice into the prepared glass, being careful not to mess the rim. Pour the chocolate-tequila mixture over the ice. Serve immediately.