Comfort food and baking inspiration, through recipes, photography, and story.
My name is Nancy Mock, and I'm a food writer, food photographer, recipe developer, and recipe devourer! I grew up in Southern Vermont and live in the Burlington area.
Eagerly tasting all the comfort food and baked goodies that come out of my kitchen is my family: my adventurous husband and our grown-up kids whenever they're home for a visit.
We love to explore tasty eats all around us, whether in town, around New England, or any far-flung spots we find ourselves in!
My food and recipes
One thing that I hear repeatedly from friends and readers is that complicated cooking methods and hard-to-find ingredients can be intimidating. And that's a shame because what we really want from the food we create is to enjoy it with others, have fun, and make wonderful memories.
So I develop fun and welcoming recipes for indulgent comfort foods and baked treats inspired by my Vermont roots and Irish heritage. They come together without complex steps or unusual ingredients—that way people can create a delicious table and have time to make memories with those around it.
You'll find ideas for snacks, meals, desserts, and drinks that are full of flavor, casual, and family-friendly.
Where my work has appeared
In addition to recipes and writing here, I'm a Freelance Food Writer and Photographer, contributing to widely-read food sites like Taste of Home and Mashed. I love to create in-depth recipe how-tos, as well as articles on regional eats, baking, food nostalgia, gardening, and more.
Here's where you can find my work:
- TasteOfHome.com: "A friendly exchange of authentic family-favorite recipes handed down over generations and shared among loved ones."
- Mashed.com: "Whether you're looking for the latest foodie news, the dirt on your favorite celebrity chefs, or inspiration for tonight's dinner, we've got you covered."
- Aleka's Get-Together round-up: 15 Dessert Cup Ideas
- National Girl Scouts of America Cookie Recipe Contest: 2016 Grand Prize Winner
- BuzzFeed.com article, 111 Awesomely Perfect Pie Recipes
- ChowHound.com article, Unusual Trail Mixes For Your Next Party
- On FoodGawker.com
- Local 22/44 News WVNY/WFFF MyChamplainValley.com
- In the newspapers Colchester Sun, Milton Independent, and Essex Reporter
- The Epicurean Traveler, St. Patrick's Day and Margaritas round-ups
- Jennifer Maune.com round-up, 4th of July Cakes and Desserts
- From Michigan To The Table.com round-up, 65 Best Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes
- BakingMischief.com round-up, What To Do With Leftover Pie Dough
- BrooklynFarmGirl.com round-up, 100 Cherry Tomato Recipes
"You better cut that pizza into four pieces, I'm not hungry enough to eat six!" —Yogi Berra
Hungry Enough To Eat Six began as an old-school blog, where I could connect with other like-minded folks to geek out about all things food.
When I found that Yogi Berra pizza joke, I knew that "Hungry Enough To Eat Six" was the perfect name for my website. It's basically how I feel all the time: hungry—for new recipes, new flavor combinations, and to learn new techniques!
What you'll find here:
- Recipe Index: Find all my recipes in the Recipe Index, organized by season, month, meal, or ingredient!
- Delectable Destinations: Food inspiration and stories from my travels to local and far-off places! They're my Delectable Destinations.
- Writing, Cook-Offs, and Reviews: This page has links to my freelance writing as well as cookbook reviews and cook-offs with friends.
- Hungry For Vermont: Vermont has an incredibly diverse offering of specialty foods and drinks, like maple syrup, craft beer, hot sauces, candies, and pickles. Hungry For Vermont is where I share my favorites.
In my downtime
When I get out of the kitchen for a spell, I love watching things funny and foodie: The Office, The Bear, Derry Girls, Moone Boy, Doctor Who, Rifftrax, MST3K, Ghosts, Psych, and Schitt's Creek.
Marathon sessions of Marvel everything are frequent here. Captain America is my fave, with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man close behind! WandaVision, She-Hulk, Loki, and Ms. Marvel are the latest faves.
My reading is almost always food: cookbooks, ponderings, articles, and memoirs. Esteban Castillo, Laurie Colwin, Samin Nosrat, Tamar Adler, and Darina Allen are recent reads. I also reread too often Agatha Christie's novels, Julia Child's My Life In France, and E. Annie Proulx's The Shipping News.
Get in touch!
My newsletter is a great way to keep up with everything happening on Hungry Enough To Eat Six. Click here to sign up to receive the newsletter by email, and I'll send you a free recipe!
Find me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram, and if you have a Tweet for me, I'd love that!
Nancy@HungryEnoughToEatSix.com. Or, leave feedback directly in the comments section on my posts!
And now, let's eat!
© 2013-2023 Nancy Mock, Hungry Enough To Eat Six: Unauthorized use and/or duplication of content, images, or material from this website without express and written permission from this website’s author/owner is strictly prohibited. Please contact Nancy Mock for permission to use excerpts and/or links. Full and clear credit must be given to Nancy Mock and Hungry Enough To Eat Six with appropriate, specific direction and linkbacks to the original content.