"You better cut that pizza into four pieces, I'm not hungry enough to eat six!" -Yogi Berra
My name is Nancy Mock, and I'm a food writer, recipe developer, food photographer, food fanatic, and a native Vermonter! I grew up in Southern Vermont and now live in the Burlington area.
Eagerly tasting all the eats that come out of my kitchen are my husband and son, and my daughter and her boyfriend from their home in New Hampshire. Not only are they eager taste-testers, we love to travel together to find tasty eats on the road: locally, around New England, and any exotic locales we may find ourselves in!
In addition to creating casual and tasty recipes and writing here, I am also a Freelance Food Writer, contributing to widely-read food sites like Taste of Home.com and Mashed.com. I love to create in-depth recipe how-tos, as well as articles on regional eats, baking, food nostalgia, gardening, and more. I often visit the Fox Local 44/Local 22 "Morning Brew" show, sharing recipes and dishes to fit the season. I've also been a Taste Of Home Community Cook since 2013.
My recipes and writing appear in and on:
- TasteOfHome.com: "a friendly exchange of authentic family-favorite recipes handed down over generations and shared among loved ones. Taste of Home recipes are practical because they’re from home cooks—not gourmet chefs—and feature familiar, everyday ingredients; clear, beautiful photos; and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions."
- Mashed.com: "the ultimate destination for all things food. Whether you're looking for the latest foodie news, the dirt on your favorite celebrity chefs, or inspiration for tonight's dinner, we've got you covered."
- National Girl Scouts of America Cookie Recipe Contest: 2016 Grand Prize Winner
- BuzzFeed.com article, 111 Awesomely Perfect Pie Recipes
- ChowHound.com article, Unusual Trail Mixes For Your Next Party
- On FoodGawker.com
- Local 22/44 News WVNY/WFFF MyChamplainValley.com
- In the newspapers Colchester Sun, Milton Independent, and Essex Reporter
- Jennifer Maune.com round-up, 4th of July Cakes and Desserts
- From Michigan To The Table.com round-up, 65 Best Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes
- Meal Prepify.com round-up, 32 Best Side Dishes For Chicken
- BakingMischief.com round-up, What To Do With Leftover Pie Dough
- BrooklynFarmGirl.com round-up, 100 Cherry Tomato Recipes
I also spent many years working in a local K-2 elementary school, to support children's' learning in the classroom. Hands down, the best thing about my time there was the kids, my captive audience for terrible knock-knock jokes.
Hungry Enough To Eat Six began as a blog, where I could connect with other like-minded folks to geek out about all things food.
It's grown into the place where I share my recipes for meals, desserts, and drinks that are full of flavor, casual (I'm definitely not a perfectionist), family-friendly, and whenever possible take advantage of seasonal produce, spices, and flavors.
When I found that Yogi Berra pizza joke, I knew that "Hungry Enough To Eat Six" was the perfect name for my website. It's basically how I feel all the time: hungry—for new recipes, new flavor combinations, and to learn new techniques.
And hungry for Delectable Destinations: hitting the road to see what folks are doing in bakeries, restaurants, farm stands, food trucks, and beyond!
In my down time
When I get out of the kitchen for a spell, I love watching funny stuff: Veep, The Office (British and American), Moone Boy, Doctor Who, Rifftrax (their riff on Birdemic is pure genius), MST3K, Psych, and Schitt's Creek.
Marathon sessions of Marvel movies are frequent here. Captain America is my fave, but Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are a close behind! WandaVision and Loki are the latest faves.
My reading is almost always food: cookbooks, ponderings, articles, and memoirs. Esteban Castillo, Laurie Colwin, Samin Nosrat, Tamar Adler, and Darina Allen are recent reads. I also love and reread too often Agatha Christie novels, Julia Child's My Life In France, E. Annie Proulx's The Shipping News, and the perpetual angst of Adrian Mole in the books by Sue Townsend.
NEWSLETTER: My newsletter is a great way to keep up with everything happening on Hungry Enough To Eat Six. Click here to sign up to receive the newsletter by email, and I'll send you a free recipe!
EMAIL: Nancy@HungryEnoughToEatSix.com. Or, leave me feedback directly on in the Comments on my posts!
To return to the Home Page tap here.
And now, let's eat!
© 2013-2021 Nancy Mock, Hungry Enough To Eat Six: Unauthorized use and/or duplication of content, images, or material from this blog without express and written permission from this blog’s author/owner is strictly prohibited. Please contact Nancy Mock for permission to use excerpts and/or links. Full and clear credit must be given to Nancy Mock and Hungry Enough To Eat Six with appropriate, specific direction and linkbacks to the original content.