In July we are able to celebrate National Tequila Day! How serendipitous that on the day to honor tequila, I just so happened to be playing around with Margaritas. And thus was born the Lemon Drop Margarita.
The inspiration for a lemony drink came from salt. Lemon salt, that is. This flavored salt is an acquisition from Season With Spice, along with a few others that I tried with Margaritas. Black Sea Salt looks striking on the rim of the Black & Blue Margarita.
This Margarita is tequila with limoncello, lemony sugar syrup for a touch of sweetness (and extra lemon,) and Tangy Lemon Sea Salt on the rim.
It is a lemonade with a punch.
The recipe is below. For a few more punches, check more Margaritas here!
- Black & Blue Margarita
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita
- Frozen Chocolate Margarita
- Fuzzy Margarita
- Thai One On Margarita
Lemon Drop Margarita
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar syrup
- 4 ounces Tequila
- 6 ounces Limoncello lemon liqueur, chilled
- Lemon-flavored sea salt or regular sea salt
- Cubed ice
- Combine the sugar syrup and lemon juice in a small container. Refrigerate it for about an hour until it's cold. Place two glasses for the margaritas in the fridge to chill as well.
- In a cocktail mixer or glass measuring cup combine the tequila and limoncello. Stir in the lemon sugar syrup.
- Spread the lemon-flavored sea salt in a shallow dish. Dip the rims of two cold glasses into cold water, then into the lemon salt to coat the edges.
- Carefully add ice cubes to the prepared glasses. Pour the lemon tequila mixture over the ice. Serve immediately.
Create, Be Curious, Celebrate... with Food!