An easy Halloween treat full of sweet flavor, and ready in only 30 minutes! Make easy Halloween pudding cups for your little ghouls and goblins.
This post may contain affiliate links.
The costumes are ready, your spooky decorations are up, your Halloween holiday is about to begin! But what about a sweet, Halloween dessert??
Keep it simple and fun, and make up a batch of Easy Halloween Pudding Cups, with stripes of ghastly green and spooky brown! Dig in, and see how sweet and tasty they are, thanks to layers of pudding, cookies, and cream.
Why you'll love these treats
This is such an easy Halloween dessert to put together. Two kinds of instant puddings take only 7 minutes to be ready. Add in crushed Oreos and whipped cream, and you'll be serving these up in no time.
I used purple and black sprinkles and fun Halloween toothpicks on my pudding cups. Get creative with yours! Try other Halloween colors like orange and green, or candy eyes, ghost sprinkles, or your own creative toppings.
Best of all, this is the PERFECT treat to make with kids. They can help make the puddings, and will likely LOVE crushing the Oreos. And let them help choose the spookiest sprinkles for the tops.
🔪 How to make Easy Halloween Pudding Cups
Step 1: Make the pudding
Whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and green food coloring with cold milk. Then, whisk the chocolate pudding mix together with more cold milk. Hold the puddin' aside.
Step 2: Crush those Oreos. CRUSH THEM!
Pile the cookies into a bowl and crush them with a potato masher or the bottom of a sturdy glass. Continue crushing until they become coarse crumbs.
Step 3: Create the pudding cup layers
Have four clear dishes ready. Layer chocolate pudding in the bottoms, followed by a layer of green pudding. Next, add a layer of crushed Oreos to the cups. Finally, layer in more green pudding.
Step 4: Top with whipped cream and sprinkles
Spray some whipped cream on the top of each dish just before serving. Sprinkle on the sprinkles, and dig in!
- I like the French vanilla and chocolate fudge flavors of pudding for these cups, but regular vanilla and chocolate will also work.
- You can layer the desserts up to 1 day in advance. Just leave off the whipped cream and sprinkles until you're ready to serve them.
The recipe to make these Easy Halloween Pudding Cups is below! Here are more Halloween party treats, too:
💬 Leave a comment below, how did you like these parfaits?
Easy Halloween Pudding Cups
- 4 10-ounce clear plastic cups or glass serving dishes
- 3.4 ounces (1 box) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
- Green food coloring
- 4 cups cold milk, 2% or whole — divided
- 3.4 ounces (1 box) instant chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding mix
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 2 cups spray whipped cream topping
- Sprinkles: purple, black, orange, or green. (Other Halloween themed sprinkles may be used if you wish, like candy eyes or candy ghosts)
Make the puddings:
- Empty the instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix into a medium bowl, and add 2 cups of cold milk. Whisk the pudding and milk for two minutes. Add in green food coloring drops to make a good, ghastly shade of Halloween green. Stir the coloring through the pudding. Hold this aside.
- Empty the chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding mix into another medium bowl, and add in the remaining milk. Whisk the pudding and milk together for two minutes. Hold the pudding aside.
Crush the Oreos:
- Place the Oreo cookies into a bowl and crush them with a potato masher or the bottom of a sturdy cup. Crush them until they become coarse crumbs.
Assemble the layers:
- Set out the plastic cups or serving dishes.
- Use a spoon to divide the chocolate pudding between the cups: about ½ cup of pudding into each cup. Do your best not to let the pudding hit the sides of the cup as you spoon it in! It'll make the layers look tidier.
- Use a spoon to spoon ¼ cup of the green vanilla pudding on top of the chocolate layer. Do this in every cup.
- Divide the crushed Oreos between the 4 cups, spooning the crushed cookies over the green vanilla pudding in an even layer.
- Spoon ¼ cup of green vanilla pudding over the cookie layer - do this in every cup.
- At this point if you're not serving the pudding cups immediately, cover each cup with a little plastic wrap and pop them in the fridge until you're ready to serve them.
Add the whipped cream and sprinkles:
- Spray whipped cream on the top of each cup of layered pudding. Add the sprinkles or other decorative candies over the top of the whipped cream. Serve the parfaits immediately!
- I like the French vanilla and chocolate fudge flavors of pudding for these parfaits, but regular vanilla and chocolate will also work.
- You can layer the pudding cups up to 1 day in advance. Just leave off the whipped cream and sprinkles until you're ready to serve them.