Named after the fave Fuzzy Navel, this sweet margarita is just peachy!
In this cocktail is the simple but ever so enjoyable flavor combination of a Fuzzy Navel: orange and peach.
The orange in my drink comes from the Triple Sec, and the peach from homemade peach nectar.
And tequila too, of course!
My husband, the sweetie that he is thought it still needed a little more sweetness than the peach nectar offered.
So I gave it a sugary, orangey rim.
Do you own margarita glasses? If yes then by all means, use them.
I don’t so I offer here to options: a lil’ mason jar for a cute and casual margarita, or a champagne flute for a fancy-pants margarita. From either vessel, it still taste sweet and fuzzy.
Sweet and fuzzy is also how I start to feel after multiple rounds of taste-testing margaritas! Here are some other margaritas I have had fun creating:
- 2/3 cup store-bought or homemade peach nectar (see below)
- 4 ounces Tequila, silver
- 1 ounces Triple Sec orange liqueur
- 2 Glasses
- Granulated sugar for the rims
- Orange juice in shallow dish for the rims (Or an orange slice to rub along the rims)
- (Have all the liquids chilled, or, mix them ahead of time and let them chill before serving.)
- Pour the peach nectar, tequila and Triple Sec into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake the jar to combine everything.
- Dip the rims of the glasses in the orange juice (or rub an orange slice along the rims to moisten them.) Then dip the rims lightly into the sugar. Carefully place the ice cubes into each glass.
- Pour the shaken mixture carefully into each glass and serve the drinks immediately
*To make your own peach nectar:
- Add 2 cups of fresh or frozen peach slices to a saucepan along with 1 cup of water, 2/3-cup of granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, then cook for another 6 minutes or so until the peach slices are soft. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool a little. Then puree it all in a blender until the nectar is completely smooth. Refrigerate it until it is completely chilled. Makes 2 cups.