Six Ways with Margaritas
No. 3 of the ‘Ritas is this Fuzzy Margarita!
This margarita has the simple but ever so enjoyable flavor combination of a Fuzzy Navel: orange and peach.
The orange in my drink comes from the Triple Sec, and the peach from homemade peach nectar.
My husband, the sweetie that he is thought it still needed a little more sweetness than the peach nectar offered. It was then that I added a shimmery rim of sparkling decorating sugar (no salt!)
The large crystals of decorating sugar on the rim remind me of a big stick of rock candy, and the soft flavors of peach and orange wait just beyond that candy. Sweet and fuzzy!
Sweet and fuzzy is also how I start to feel after multiple rounds of taste-testing margaritas! Here are some other margaritas I have had fun creating:
- Black & Blue Margarita
- Chocolate Margarita
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita
- Thai One On Margarita
- Lemon Drop Margarita
- 4 oz. Tequila
- 2 oz. Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 6 TB peach nectar
- Sparkling decorating sugar
- Pour the decorating sugar into a shallow dish. Dip the rim of a glass in water, then into the decorating sugar to coat it. Set aside.
- Place the tequila, Triple Sec, and peach nectar into a cocktail shaker or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Carefully add ice cubes to the prepared glass, then pour the tequila mixture over the ice. Serve immediately.
*This is a new feature that I will share each month, named Six Of One! Since I’m Hungry Enough To Eat Six I’m sharing six things to be hungry for. It may be six ways to use an ingredient, or six variations on a favorite dish.