Chewy treats with an undercurrent of peanut butter. 5-Ingredient Chocolate, Granola, and Peanut Butter Bites make a satisfying snack!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
This recipe was born of using stuff up.
The first item I had to start using up is a granola cereal that our boy saw at Costco and thought he would love for breakfast. But, a few breakfasts and soggy, uneaten bowls of cereal later, he confessed that he didn't like it. The giant bags of granola were handed off to me to see what I could do with them.
The result? Candy bites, loaded with granola, raisins, almonds, and peanut butter. Boom, baby: 5-Ingredient Chocolate, Granola, and Peanut Butter Bites for everyone!
Do you love chocolaty, peanut buttery recipes? Try a batch of Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Balls!
Why you'll love this recipe
These bites are a great way to use up granola: whether you have giant Costco bags or a bag of your own, homemade recipe.
Though the bites are small they're sweet and filling, thanks to all the nuts and dried fruit. They make a great snack, after-dinner sweet treat, or addition to a cookie platter to share with friends!
If you have kids or friends at college, send them a Care Package with these 5-Ingredient Bites packed inside.
🔪 How to make 5-Ingredient Chocolate, Granola, and Peanut Butter Bites
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate: You can use chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- Vegetable Shortening: This helps the chocolate set up more quickly
- Peanut Butter: Use a good brand of creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Salt: Just a little for the flavor
- Granola cereal: Mine is made with almonds and raisins
Step 1: Melt the chocolate and peanut butter
Place chocolate in the top pan of a double boiler, or a heat-proof bowl set over simmering water. Stir the chocolate until it's melted and then stir in the peanut butter.
Step 2: Add the granola with nuts and raisins
Stir the granola into the melted chocolate mixture until all of the cereal is thoroughly coated.
Step 3: Scoop the portions
Scoop portions of the chocolaty cereal onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Allow the bites to set for a couple of hours until the chocolate is firm
- Use the granola noted or your favorite brand—or even homemade!
Enjoy these indulgent, 5-Ingredient Chocolate, Granola, and Peanut Butter Bites bites! The recipe is below. If you need more chocolaty treats:
💬 Have you tried these Bites? Leave a comment below.
5-Ingredient Chocolate, Granola, and Peanut Butter Bites
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granola cereal with almonds & raisins (I used Quaker brand)
Melt the chocolate:
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan or the bottom of a double-boiler. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening into the top of the double boiler or into a large, heatproof bowl set on top of the saucepan of boiling water. Stir the chocolate until it is melted and smooth.
Add the other ingredients:
- Stir in the peanut butter and the salt.
- Add the granola to the chocolate and stir until the cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Place tablespoon-sized scoops of the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Allow the bites to set at room temperature until the chocolate is set: 2-3 hours.
- Store the chocolate bites between layers of wax paper in a tightly sealed container.
- Keep in a cool room-termperature spot for 2-3 days. (If stored in the refrigerator the bites will be difficult to bite into. If refrigerated allow them to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.)
- Makes about 28 pieces.
- Use the granola listed, your favorite brand, or even homemade!