This recipe for Curry Cheddar Spread is a family recipe from my friend Rebecca. It was passed down to her from her late stepmother, Linda who loved to host and entertain at their family camp in the Adirondacks.
This recipe earned Rebecca the award for Best Savory Dip at our Dip Cook-Off! (Read more about the Dip Cook-Off here!) Rebecca very sweetly told me that our cook-off is just the type of gathering Linda would have loved.
The Curry Cheddar Spread is a thick and intensely flavorful cheese spread.
Curry Cheddar Spread
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until they are well blended. Spoon the dip into a serving bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Makes about 4 cups.
- This dip needs time to chill in the fridge before serve, so plan accordingly.