Warm and soft from the oven, tender Cranberry Eggnog Muffins.
This recipe is featured in the Taste of Home Christmas 2015 Cookbook.
I made these muffins shortly after New Year’s Day, because unbelievably we actually had leftover eggnog and cranberry sauce!
Homemade muffins will quickly make a hero of you in the eyes of everyone in your household who gets to enjoy one.
The cranberry sauce in these muffins gives a tart bite to the soft, sweet nutmeg-scented cake.
Cranberry Eggnog MuffinsPrint
- 2 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup homemade or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Sparkling decorating sugar, optional
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, eggnog and melted butter.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just moistened (use as few strokes as possible, some lumps are okay.)
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Use a teaspoon to place a few dollops of cranberry sauce into each muffin. Pull the spoon or a clean knife through each cup once or twice to swirl the sauce into the batter. If desired, sprinkle sparkling decorating sugar over the tops.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the muffins are starting to brown and a tester inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Serve while warm.Once cool store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
Create, Be Curious, Celebrate... with Food!