Humble BLTs get a flavor upgrade with Homemade Aioli or with savory Boursin Cheese!
In my post titled, Two Tasty Ways To Make A BLT: with Homemade Aioli and with Boursin Cheese! I shared my love for a classic BLT sandwich and the first tasty flavor variation I created: with thick slices of sourdough bread and a generous spread of Homemade Garlic Aioli! (Tap here to see that one!)
Below is my second variation on the BLT: still with hearty sourdough bread, crisp green leaf lettuce, juicy tomatoes and freshly cooked strips of bacon, but in place of the aioli is herby, savory Boursin Cheese! Soft and easy to spread, it is so delicious with the smoky bacon and fresh veggies.
So, get building your BLT! Get the BLT with Boursin Cheese recipe below.
The humble but delicious BLT gets a flavor upgrade with two tasty variations: one with Homemade Aioli and one with savory Boursin Cheese!
- 2 large tomatoes, washed
- 8 slices thick, sourdough or white artisan bread
- 1/2 cup garlic & herb flavored Boursin cheese
- Green leaf lettuce, washed and spun dry
- Black Pepper
- 16 strips of bacon, freshly cooked and drained
- Sandwich picks or toothpicks
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices. Use a paper towel to blot the slices dry.
- Toast the slices of bread to your liking.
- Lay out 4 toast slices. Spread each slice with about 1 tablespoon of the Boursin cheese. Place pieces of lettuce on each slice of bread. Top the lettuce with the sliced tomato, 2 slices per sandwich. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the tomatoes. Top the tomatoes with 4 slices of bacon on each sandwich. (The slices can be cut in half to make them fit better if you’d like.) Spread the remaining slices of toast with a tablespoon each of Boursin cheese. Top each sandwich with the slices, Boursin side down. Use a sharp knife to slice each sandwich in half, and skewer each half with sandwich picks. Place the sandwiches on individual plates and serve immediately.
To see the recipe for the other BLT variation, a BLT with Homemade Garlic Aioli, tap here!
Create, Be Curious, Celebrate… with Food!