Dessert is one of the best parts of Thanksgiving—and that can be more than just pie! Here are 29 ideas for Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren't Pies.
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Thanksgiving and pies go together like turkey and gravy. And yet, we can do better than just filling the holiday dessert table with pie after pie after pie.
There are so many options for delicious Thanksgiving desserts that aren't pies!
Here's why you should consider some non-pie Thanksgiving desserts:
- Not everyone likes pie—hard to believe, but true for some adults and some kids. I know, because I was once a pie-hating kid.
- When you're tasked with contributing a dessert, but not confident in your baking skills, a recipe that's easier to make is just the ticket.
- After that HUGE Thanksgiving meal, pie for dessert can feel a little heavy. This is when lighter dessert options are really appreciated.
- Pies may be traditional, but that doesn't mean we can't step outside the box a little! Let's add some variety to that dessert table.
What desserts are good for Thanksgiving?
A little something sweet is the perfect way to end a fabulous holiday meal. Any dessert that can be shared is a great choice for the Thanksgiving table. Homemade desserts are the most special of all.
In this round-up of dessert ideas, some have traditional flavors you expect to find at this time of year, like one pumpkin dessert that isn't a pumpkin pie. There are a few flavors here you might not expect, like coffee, raspberry, and Irish cream.
Get unique Thanksgiving dessert recipes for coffee cakes, cookies, bars, and lighter desserts made with fresh fruit.
Let's bring on the Thanksgiving desserts! (My family and I love the desserts part so much, we've started calling the holiday Desserts-Giving.)
The Best Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren't Pies
- Easy Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Aunt Clara’s Glazed Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Soft Buttermilk Molasses Cookies
- Coffee Cardamom Snowball Cookies
- Simple Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate Bottoms
- Velvety Lime Butter Cookie Bites
- Sugar and Spice Candied Ginger Cookies
- Soft Cocoa Cookies
- Walnut Coconut Cookies
Thanksgiving Fruit Desserts:
Thanksgiving Fruit Sauces To Serve With Ice Cream
Thanksgiving Creamy Desserts:
Thanksgiving Bread Pudding
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!