A sweet layered dessert that is ridiculously indulgent and delicious! Make Butter Crunch Caramel Ice Cream Lasagna for a special occasion or just for fun.
Cast your mind back to how you felt when you were eating the best ice cream cake you ever had. Now imagine that feeling while surrounded by a million dollars, on the most beautiful day in the most beautiful place, poolside, on the beach, watching simultaneously the most gorgeous sunrise and sunset that have ever occurred.
That is what eating this Butter Crunch & Caramel Ice Cream Lasagna is like!
The recipe was created as a dessert entry by my friend Kari, for our Lasagna Challenge.
Starting with Butter Crunch ice cream, she created layer upon layer of sweet heaven, including caramel sauce and cookies.
This ice cream dessert was incredible and glorious, and it was gone in a matter of minutes!
This dessert lasagna was one of several we created with our friends for our Lasagna Challenge. Below are the other lasagnas we were so fortunate to try:
- Apples & Pastry Lasagna
- Spinach, Artichoke and Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups
- Black Bean Lasagna
- Fried Lasagna
- White Veggie Lasagna
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
- Breakfast Lasagna
Butter Crunch Caramel Ice Cream Lasagna
- 22 ounces 'Nilla Wafer Cookies (2 boxes)
- 23 ounces sea salt caramel sauce (two 11.5-ounce jars)
- 3 quarts Butter Crunch ice cream
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 4 ounces solid white chocolate
- Pour the 'Nilla Wafers into a large bowl and use a pestle or heavy-bottomed glass to crush them into fine crumbs. (You can also use a food processor.)
- Spread ⅓ of the crushed cookies in a thin layer at the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. Generously drizzle ½ of one jar of the Sea Salt Caramel Sauce over the cookie layer.
- Slice one of the Butter Crunch ice cream cartons and peel it away from the ice cream. Slice the Butter Crunch ice cream into 1-inch slices. Layer these slices over the caramel.
- Repeat step 2 with another ⅓ of crushed cookies and ½ a jar of caramel sauce.
- Slice the Vanilla ice cream carton and peel it away from the ice cream. Slice the Vanilla ice cream into 1-inch slices and layer these over the caramel.
- Repeat Step 2 with the remaining ⅓ of the crushed cookies and another ½ jar of Sea Salt Caramel Sauce.
- Slice the second Butter Crunch carton and peel the carton away from the ice cream. Slice the Butter Crunch ice cream into 1-inch slices and layer these slices over the caramel.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth the top of the ice cream layer so no seams show. Drizzle the remaining ½ jar of sea salt caramel Sauce over the top.
- Shred or grate the white chocolate over the top.
- Cover the dish and freeze for at least one hour before serving.
Lori L MacLaughlin
Okay, this is making me drool.
It was incredible, you & the kids would be gaga over it.
Lori L MacLaughlin
Yes, indeed. That's definitely on my list of things to try.