This dessert lasagna was one of several we created with our friends for our Lasagna Challenge. Below are the other lasagnas we were so fortunate to try:
Apples & Pastry Lasagna
Spinach, Artichoke and Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups
Black Bean Lasagna
Butter Crunch & Caramel Ice Cream Lasagna
By Kari Phillips
- 2 boxes Nilla Wafer cookies
- 2 jars Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- Two 1.5 quart-sized cartons Butter Crunch ice cream
- One 1.5 quart carton vanilla ice cream
- 1 4-oz. bar white chocolate
- Pour the Nilla Wafers into a large bowl and use a pestle or heavy-bottomed glass to crush them into fine crumbs.
- Spread ⅓ of the crushed cookies in a thin layer at the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. Generously drizzle ½ of one jar of the Sea Salt Caramel Sauce over the cookie layer.
- Slice one of the Butter Crunch ice cream cartons and peel away from the ice cream. Slice the Butter Crunch ice cream into 1" slices. Layer these slices over the caramel.
- Repeat step 2 with another ⅓ of crushed cookies and ½ a jar of caramel sauce.
- Slice the Vanilla ice cream carton and peel away from the ice cream. Slice the Vanilla ice cream into 1" slices and layer these over the caramel.
- Repeat Step 2 with the remaining ⅓ of the crushed cookies and another ½ jar of Sea Salt Caramel Sauce.
- Slice the second Butter Crunch carton and peel the carton away from the ice cream. Slice the Butter Crunch ice cream into 1" slices and layer these slices over the caramel.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth over the ice cream layer so no seams show. Drizzle the remaining ½ jar of Sea Salt Caramel Sauce over the top. Shred or grate the white chocolate over the top. Cover the dish and keep in freezer until ready to serve.