There are so many creative, beautiful, delicious cocktail recipes out there just waiting to be shaken and stirred for our stylish and decadent holiday gatherings!
And yet, typical last-minute me will scramble, end up at the mini-mart and have to settle for a lukewarm six-pack of something as guests are en route to our house.
Here’s hoping that by archiving a few tempting cocktail recipes here, I’ll skip the last-minute dash and whip together one of these 7 Beautiful & Delicious libations instead.
#1: Bloody Mary Punch
So spicy good! And a full serving of vegetables.. win-win!
- Celery sticks
- 2-1/2 cups vodka, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (46-ounce) container low-sodium vegetable juice (such as V-8), chilled
- Combine vegetable juice, next 5 ingredients, and vodka in a punch bowl or a pitcher. Serve over ice in glasses. Serve with celery sticks, if desired.
#2: Red Velvet Slipper Martini
Bring your elbow-length satin gloves for sipping this lovely jeweled drink
- Chipped or chopped ice
- Extra-fine sugar for garnishing rim of glass
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce Tuaca (vanilla-citrus) liqueur
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cocoa liqueur
- 2 ounce Spumante or sparkling white wine
- Moisten rim of glass and dip into sugar to coat rim.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix ice, vodka and liqueurs.
- Strain into prepared martini glass. Top with sparkling white wine and serve.
#3: Candy Cane Fizz-Tini
I object to the trend of sticking “-tini” to the end of any random word to create a new beverage, but this drink does sound delicious, light and refreshing.
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- Crushed candy cane for garnish
- 3 ounces seltzer
- Wet rim of martini glass with peppermint schnapps and dip into crushed candy cane.
- Combine schnapps and vodka in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well, strain into martini glass. Top with seltzer.
#4: Baileys With A Chocolate Rim
Very simple, but it looks so indulgent, and with Bailey’s…. hey hey hey!
- 4 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate bar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 10-second increments; stir until smooth. Pour chocolate onto a saucer. Dip the rim of a Martini glass in the melted chocolate and immediately shake chocolate sprinkles over the chocolate rim.
- Add Baileys and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into the chocolate-rimmed Martini glass to serve.
#5: Peppermint White Russian
Bailey’s again, coffee flavor and an equal amount of peppermint schnapps. I think I’ll have this on the first day of Christmas vacation!
- Crushed ice
- 2 parts peppermint schnapps
- 2 parts Baileys With A Hint of Coffee Liqueur
- 1 part half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Crushed candy cane for rim or peppermint stick
- Dip rim of glass in honey and then into crushed candy canes.
- Combine peppermint schnapps, Baileys and half-and-half in pitcher.
- Fill the garnished glass with ice and then pour combined mixture over the ice. (If desired, omit the honey and crushed candy cane and just add a peppermint stick to the drink.)
#6: Mocha Nog Punch
Served in a punch bowl, what a great drink this would be at a large party. Maybe with some floating Christmas Peeps in it!
- 10 parts Kahlúa Mocha
- 5 parts vanilla vodka
- 20 parts eggnog
- Combine ingredients and serve in a punch bowl with a floating ice block. Optional: freeze ice block with coffee beans for decoration.
#7: Icy Holiday Margarita
And lastly but so lovely, a Holiday Margarita, with sugar on the rim instead of salt!
- 1/2 cup frozen cran-raspberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoon melon liqueur
- 5 cups ice cubes
- Light corn syrup
- Red coarse decorating sugar
- White coarse decorating sugar
- In a blender combine the juice concentrate, tequila, orange liqueur and melon liqueur. Blend until combined. With blender running, add ice cubes one at a time through the lid opening, and blend until slushy.
- Put corn syrup in a saucer. In a separate saucer combine the red and white sugars. Dip the rims of six glasses first in the corn syrup and then into the sugar.
- Pour the blended mixture into the glasses.
Red Velvet Slipper Martini from the Orlando Sentinel.com
Candy Cane Fizz-Tini from Shape.com
Baileys With A Chocolate Rim from Celebrations.com
Peppermint White Russian from A Beautiful Mess.com
Mocha Nog Punch from Delish.com
Icy Holiday Margarita from BHG.com
Bloody Mary Punch from Southern Living.com