- Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
- Nominate up to 20 blogs and notify them.
- Pass on the rules.
The Armchair Squid is himself very creative, and was an inspiration to me when I first thought of starting my own blog. He is a superb writer and I have always been amazed at how diligently he posts. He hosts the Cephalopod Coffeehouse book review group, the Mock Squid Soup movie blog-hop, shares his adventures in watching episodes of the animated Star Trek series… and so much more! Please check out The Armchair Squid here!
Lori MacLaughlin is a wonderful friend and a talented writer who just self-published her first novel, Lady, Thy Name Is Trouble. Her perseverance over many years in seeing this novel through to publication is remarkable and inspiring. I am so happy to see her now enjoying sales of her book, promotions, tours, and to hear of her work in progress on her second novel! Please check out Lori’s blog here, and a synopsis of her book here!
5 random facts about me:
- My favorite foods to make when I was a kid were French toast and Christmas cookies.
- I just celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary! My husband and I enjoyed food explorations in Stowe, VT.
- I hate the cold, and spend our Vermont winters more or less a recluse. If not for my job, I would probably never leave the house between January and April. It’s a great season for baking, though! And for stews, roasted vegetables, casseroles, and spiked hot cocoa!
- I am collecting the first 56 Nancy Drew mysteries, a favorite series from childhood. However, I am only collecting the editions that have the matte yellow covers with the black band on the spine. (Not the shiny ones.) I have 26 so far! I also aim to acquire the 1973 Nancy Drew Cookbook: Clues to Good Cooking, and try the recipe for “Detective Burgers”!
- I’m a chronic to-do list maker: for stuff around the house, recipe ideas to play with, blog tweaks to make, everything. Looking around I see five lists in progress spread between the table near me and the wall next to me, plus more on my phone. If only I was also a chronic to-do list completer…
Now for my nominees for the Creative Blogger Award! Please go visit their sites, these folks all have amazing blogs and pursuits:
- Candid Calliope “Authentic spits of life (set to circus music.)”
- The Atomic Hostess “Selling & Blogging: Vintage Restyle Rehab. Curated retro cocktail party, entertainment décor, and vintage serving collections”
- Cooking in the Archives “Updating Early Modern Recipes (1600-1800) in a Modern Kitchen”
- Tales From A Middle Class Kitchen “As an educator, I do not have limitless funds to spend in my kitchen. I do what I can with what I have.”
- What’s Up, Mock? “You can’t step in the same river twice…”
- Cooking and Beer “Bold, Inspirational Cooking Combined with Craft Beer”
- Djinnia and the English Language “Are you wondering how a person can be both random and predictable? Me too.”
- Blogging From A-Z Challenge Home of the annual, epic A-Z Challenge, fostering creativity and community for thousands of bloggers!
Here a few more blogs that have built up quite a large following, and that you are likely already familiar with. I’m nominating them here because I love to follow them and they certainly inspire my creativity!
- Foodie With Family “A necessary pleasure.”
- Half Baked Harvest “I grew up with a chocolate freak for a mom, so chocolate is obviously a must around here.”
- Peeled Wellness “Wellness at its core.”
- Sally’s Baking Addiction “A sprinkle of fun and adventure.”
Thanks again, Squid and Lori. Blog on!