This recipe was the Dip Cook-Off entry from the Osman family, Audrey, Dan and Emma!
This bean dip is layered full of flavor, including the surprising ingredient: peach salsa! It gives a sweetness to the savory taco ingredients. I confess to eating all of the leftovers of this dip myself in the days following our Dip Cook-Off! (Read more about the Dip Cook-Off here!)
This recipe is shared here with permission from the Osman family.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 12-ounce jar peach salsa
- 1 cup chopped black olives optional
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add in the ground turkey and cook it, stirring often until it is browned and no pink remains - about 10-12 minutes. Add in the envelope of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Stir the seasoning into the turkey and cook it for a few minutes longer. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Layer the cooked, seasoned turkey evenly in the bottom of the prepared casserole. Next, spread the refried beans evenly over the turkey. Spoon and spread the sour cream over the top of the bean layer. Then, pour the peach salsa over the top of the sour cream. (If you are using olives, spread these in a layer on top of the salsa.) Finally, sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake the dip for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to bubble. Remove the dip from the oven and serve it immediately, with regular or scoop-style tortilla chips.
- Makes about 12 servings.
Create... Be Curious... Celebrate... with Food!