Spicy chorizo is so tasty with melty cheese. Make 6-Ingredient Chorizo Quesadillas to eat while watching the game or for dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Cheesy, melty, gooey, spicy goodness sandwiched between two tortillas. And only six ingredients to get you there.
Make 6-Ingredient Chorizo Quesadillas for dinner, as a weekend snack, or to enjoy on game day with a few cold beers.
🔪 How to make 6-Ingredient Chorizo Quesadillas
- Hot Chorizo Sausage: This sausage should be precooked
- Flour Tortillas: I use the burrito-sized tortillas
- Chipotle Chili Powder: It has a smoky, spicy flavor
- Sour Cream: Use this to make the creamy spread.
- Vegetable Oil: For cooking the quesadillas
- Shredded Cheese: I use a Mexican blend, but you can also use cheddar or Jack cheese.
Step 1: Make the sauce
Blend sour cream with chipotle chili powder.
Step 2: Cook the chorizo
Saute sliced chorizo in a skillet until heated through.
Step 3: Assemble the quesadillas
Spread the chili powder sauce over three tortillas, then layer the chorizo and shredded cheese over each one. Top them with another tortilla.
Step 4: Cook
Cook each quesadilla in a hot skillet with a little oil until they're browned on both sides and the cheese inside is melted. Hold the quesadillas in a warm oven while you cook the rest.
Step 5: Serve
Slice each quesadilla into four pieces and serve immediately.
The recipe for 6-Ingredient Chorizo Quesadillas is below! Here are a few more savory recipes that you'll love, too:
💬 What do you think of these quesadillas? Leave a comment below.
6-Ingredient Chorizo Quesadillas
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 16 ounces hot chorizo sausage
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
Make the sauce:
- In a small bowl mix together the chipotle chili powder and sour cream until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Cook the chorizo:
- Slice the chorizo into thin slices.
- Line a heat-proof plate with paper towels. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and then add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Swirl the oil in the pan to coat it. Add in the sliced chorizo.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often until the meat is browned. Transfer the chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate, and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
Assemble the quesadillas:
- Lay three of the tortillas out on your work surface. Spread each with the chipotle sauce (as little or lot as you'd prefer. I do about a tablespoon per tortilla.)
- Divide the cooked chorizo into three portions and spread a portion over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle ¾ of a cup of the shredded cheese over the top of one of the tortillas with chorizo. Repeat with the remaining two tortillas.
- Lay the last three tortillas on top of each of the quesadillas.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Place a baking sheet inside.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat, and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Swirl the oil in the pan to coat it. Place one of the assembled quesadillas in the pan. Press down the top with a spatula and cook for two minutes. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook for two more minutes - both sides should be lightly browned.
- Remove the quesadilla with a spatula and place it on the baking sheet in the oven to stay warm while you cook the last two.
- Repeat the steps to cook the remaining two quesadillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into fourths and serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6 people.
- Choose precooked hot chorizo for this recipe.