Six Ways With Cherries!
Fourth in this series all about cherries is a tangy vinaigrette!
This dressing is a simple mixture with lime juice and cherry juice. It's has a tang from the lime and vinegar, and sweet, sweet cherry goodness.
The sesame seeds in the vinaigrette come from the spicy Korean chili seasoning from the company Season With Spice - a great Asian spice company with intriguing blends and flavored salts! This spice blend as a wonderful flavor and heat, and I like the chewy sesame seeds from the blend in this dressing. I ended up adding some hot Mexican chili powder as well because I love even more heat, but this could easily be omitted if preferred.
I hope you like how this vinaigrette cherries up your salads!
*This is a new feature that I will share each month, named Six Of One! Since I’m Hungry Enough To Eat Six I figured I would share six things to be hungry for. It may be six ways to use an ingredient, or six variations on a favorite dish. Perhaps six ways to use a particular kitchen gadget.
You can check out the previous cherry recipes here:
Stay tuned because two more ways with cherries are still to come this month!
- 5 TB sweet cherry juice
- 4 TB lime juice
- 7 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. spicy Korean chili seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pour into a jar the cherry juice, lime juice, oil, and vinegar. Add in the Korean chili seasoning, chili powder, sugar, and salt. Shake well to combine. Let stand for about 15 minutes to give the flavors time to meld.
- Shake well again before serving.
Makes about 1 cup.