Glamping resources and recipes: links for glamping destinations, decor, and of course recipes! Forget roughing it, get ready to glamp!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Glamping (glam + camping): the pleasures of a crackling campfire, good friends, and open-air slumber glammed up with luxurious comfort, chic decor, and indulgent food!
When you set off to camp in the traditional sense you do so with a mindset of "roughing it."
To be honest, we never really had it too rough on our camping trips: we had tents, and even a pop-up camper for awhile. However, we certainly accepted that we were sacrificing some things for the camping experience.
With glamping your mindset is totally different: instead of expecting sacrifice, you head into the great outdoors with an expectation of comfort. Of bringing beautiful things into a beautiful, natural setting to appreciate them in a whole new way.
When glamping you also expect to have fun, delicious, and indulgent foods - even if you're cooking over a campfire!
This glamping concept has been an intriguing one to dig into, and I really enjoyed creating glamping recipes that I think will bring some fun and indulgence to your next glamping getaway! I shared these recipes on our Local 22/44 morning news, cooking them up on their grill and enticing Meteorologist Amanda Thibault to give them a try.
Ready to plan your Glamping extravaganza? These resources will get you on your way, from decor to destination ideas, and most importantly with delicious recipes! (Always food first for me!)
From breakfast to dinner to dessert, you’re covered with these four Glamping Recipes. Each recipe includes an equipment list and notes to make sure you have everything you need!
More and more destinations are offering luxury amenities and settings to appeal to glampers, like resorts, campgrounds, and state parks. Whether you wish to glamp in a customized Airstream, a huge, safari-style tent, a cabin, or a treehouse there is a glamping spot for you. Check out the links below for destination ideas.
- For my local readers interested in Glamping, check out this page on GlampingHub.com for ideas in Vermont. Not so far away in the Lake George, NY area is a glamping resort called Adirondack Safari with luxury tents equipped with queen-sized beds. In New Hampshire in the North Conway area is Huttopia with safari tents or a chalet, and a private beach on Iona Lake.
- From Mike and Anne Howard of HoneyTrek.com comes this comprehensive book, Comfortably Wild: The Best Glamping Destinations in North America. It's jam-packed with unique ways to glamp, and their advice to finding the best glamping destinations out there.
- Glamping.com This website has glamping locations across the country and across the world. You can set your search by location, setting, and the type of accommodation you want. (Perhaps a restored cave, gypsy caravan, or an upcycled shipping container!)
- GlampingHub.com "The accommodation is the destination." With this philosophy Glamping Hub lists over 34,000 glamping spots complete with reviews and trending destinations. (Game of Thrones glamping anyone?)
- 14 Best Places to Go Glamping for Your Next Girlfriend Getaway Hey, not just girlfriends - guys and gals alike would enjoy these experiences! This Country Living article profiles 14 unique locations to glamp across the U.S., including Mongolian yurts in Texas and a tipi in the Catskills.
- Besides these links you can also search the net with "glamping" or "luxury camping" plus the state or country you're interested in.
Supplies & Decor
If you are heading to a resort or destination with a lot of amenities, you may not need to bring much with you - just grab some clothes, maybe a bottle of wine and you're good to go! However, if you're trying to bring the glam to your campsite or even your backyard retreat, here are some fun places to get decor and supplies:
Pinterest is a perfect place to not only find decor ideas, but to organize and share them. My Pinterest board, Glamping Ideas, Glamping Food, Glamping Decor has links to colorful throw pillows, solar chandeliers and other lights, Bohemian accessories, portable grills, and glamping how-to articles.
Everyone’s favorite place to shop can net you all the gear you need for glamping. Find tents, lanterns, a camp stove, cast iron skillets, and soft blankets to snuggle in!
This global market is a great resource, especially if you’re planning a glamping event for a bachelorette party, birthday, or a friends getaway. There are cute ideas for glamping invitations, t-shirts, favors, and printables.
Your Own Beautiful Things!
Yes! Bring your own beautiful things into a new, beautiful and natural setting. Grab your fluffiest blankets and softest sheets. Bring colorful, throw pillows and a small rug to place outside your door (or tent flap!)
Bring a cloth tablecloth, real silverware and dishes. Bring candles! Mason jars of varying sizes are gorgeous to hold flowers and votive candles.
Armed with these Glamping Resources you will soon find your perfect glamping destination, decorate it with chic glamping decor, and whip up an indulgent fireside treat for you and your glamping mates!
>> Please leave me a comment below or on one of my social sites to let me know: are you going glamping and if so, where??