Glamping (glam + camping): the pleasures of a crackling campfire, good friends, and open-air slumber glammed up with luxurious comfort, chic decor, and indulgent food!
This post may contain affiliate links.
When you set off to camp in the traditional sense you do so with a mindset of “roughing it.” Not that my family ever really had it too rough on our camping trips – we did tents but also a pop-up camper for awhile – but we certainly accepted that we were sacrificing some things for the experience. With glamping your mindset is totally different: instead of expecting sacrifice you head into the great outdoors with an expectation of comfort, of bringing beautiful things into this beautiful, natural setting to appreciate them in a whole new way. And with glamping you also expect to have fun, delicious, and indulgent foods even if you’re cooking over a campfire!
This glamping concept has been an intriguing one to dig into, and I really enjoyed creating glamping recipes that I think will bring some fun and indulgence to your next glamping getaway! I shared these recipes on our Fox Local 22/44, cooking them up on their grill and enticing the Morning Brew anchors Megan Carpenter, Polikseni Manxhari, and Meteorologist Amanda Thibault to give them a try. (I think I convinced Amanda to cook up a batch of Glamping Style Bananas Foster for sure on her next camping trip!) Check out our live news shots below.
Glamping Resources & Recipes
Ready to plan your Glamping extravaganza? These resources will get you on your way, from decor to destination ideas and most importantly with delicious recipes! (Always food first for me!)
From breakfast to dinner to dessert, you’re covered with these four Glamping Recipes. Each recipe includes an equipment list and notes to make sure you have everything you need!
More and more destinations are offering luxury amenities and settings to appeal to glampers, and these spots include resorts, standard and luxury campgrounds, and state parks. Whether you wish to glamp in a customized Airstream, a huge, safari-style tent, cabin, or a treehouse there is a glamping spot for you. Check out the links below for destination ideas.
And stay tuned because a comprehensive glamping guide is in the works right now! Mike and Anne Howard of HoneyTrek.com already have one guide under their belt, the National Geographic Ultimate Journeys For Two and now they’re hard at work on a glamping book for Falcon Guides. I’ll share more info as I get it!
- For my local readers interested in Glamping, check out this article at VisitVT.com for lots of resources, including ideas for romantic and for family-friendly glamping in Vermont! Not so far away in the Lake George, NY area is a glamping resort called Adirondack Safari with luxury tents equipped with queen-sized beds. In New Hampshire in the North Conway area is Huttopia with safari tents or a chalet, and a private beach on Iona Lake.
- Glamping.com This website has glamping locations across the country and across the world. You can set your search by location, setting, and the type of accommodation you want. (Click “Unique & Unusual” to see what it’d be like to glamp in a restored cave, gypsy caravan, or an upcycled shipping container!)
- GlampingHub.com “The accommodation is the destination.” With this philosophy Glamping Hub lists over 34,000 glamping spots complete with reviews and trending destinations. (Game of Thrones glamping anyone?)
- 14 Best Places to Go Glamping for Your Next Girlfriend Getaway Hey, not just girlfriends – guys and gals alike would enjoy these experiences! This Country Living article profiles 14 unique locations to glamp across the U.S., including Mongolian yurts in Texas and a tipi in the Catskills.
- Besides these links you can also search the net with “glamping” or “luxury camping” plus the state or country you’re interested in.
Glamping Supplies & Decor
If you are heading to a resort or destination with a lot of amenities, you may not need to bring much with you to get that feeling of luxury and comfort – just grab some clothes, maybe a bottle of wine, and you’re good to go! However if you are trying to bring the glam to your campsite or even your backyard retreat, here are some fun ideas for glamping decor and supplies.
Pinterest is a perfect place to not only find glamping ideas but to organize and share them. My Pinterest board, Glamping Ideas, Glamping Food, Glamping Decor has links to colorful throw pillows, solar chandeliers and other lights, bohemian accessories, portable grills, and glamping how-to articles.
Etsy.com is a global market for creative folks and a great resource, especially if you’re planning a glamping event for a bachelorette party, a birthday, or a girlfriends getaway. There are cute ideas for glamping invitations, t-shirts, favors, and printables.
Your Own Beautiful Things!
Look around your house for amenities to bring on your glamping trip. Grab your fluffiest blankets and softest sheets. Bring your colorful, decorative throw pillows, and a small rug to place outside your door (or tent flap!) Bring a cloth tablecloth, real silverware and dishes, and candles. Mason jars are varying sizes are gorgeous vessels to hold flowers and votive candles. It’s like I said above: bring your beautiful things into a new, beautiful and natural setting.
Armed with these Glamping Resources you will soon find your perfect glamping destination, decorate it with chic glamping decor, and whip up (glamorously, of course) an indulgent fireside treat for you and your glamping mates!
Please leave me a comment below or on one of my social sites to let me know: are you going glamping and if so, where??