Gooey and loaded with creamy flavor, your hungry fans will really love Crack Mac and Cheese. With spicy sausage and tomatoes, it's addictive.
This recipe from our good friends Kari and Eli Phillips was the winner of the Chef's Vote at our 2017 Macaroni & Cheese Cook-Off! Crack Mac and Cheese is a very cheesy concoction, with Velveeta, spicy Italian sausage and diced tomatoes with chiles.
Oh, and a generous layer of Fritos corn chips across the top! It is a gooey, loaded macaroni & cheese that your hungry fans really love.
To read about our epic Macaroni & Cheese Cook-Off, click here!
Why you'll really love this recipe
It's very easy to throw this dish together! If you or your loved ones love boxed Velveeta mac and cheese, then they'll really love this homemade version. It's spicy and meaty, so filling and comforting.
Regular Fritos corn chips are delicious on this mac and cheese, but feel free to try their Chili Cheese or Barbecue flavors, too!
🔪 How to make Crack Mac and Cheese
Step 1: Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain and hold it aside.
Step 2: Make the sauce
Combine the Velveeta with milk in a large pot and heat until everything is melted. Stir in the sausage, diced tomatoes, and pasta, and cook until everything is heated through.
Step 3: Serve!
Serve the mac and cheese topped with Fritos. And dig in!
To get the recipe for Crack Mac, just look below! And try these other pasta recipes, too:
💬 So what do you think: are you addicted to this cheesy recipe? Leave a comment below!
Crack Mac and Cheese
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 pounds Velveeta processed cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pound spicy bulk sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta well and set aside.
- Place into a large Dutch oven or deep pot the Velveeta and the milk. Stir these over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the crumbled sausage and the tomatoes. Add in the cooked pasta and stir to thoroughly coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Cook the macaroni & cheese over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until it is heated through and bubbly. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Spread the Fritos over the top of the macaroni & cheese in the pot and serve, or garnish the macaroni & cheese with Fritos after it's ladled out into serving dishes. Serve it while it's hot.
Ask Me Anything!