This recipe from our good friends Kari and Eli Phillips was the winner of the Chef’s Vote at our 2017 Macaroni & Cheese Cook-Off!
This rich and cheesy concoction includes Velveeta, spicy Italian sausage and diced tomatoes with chiles.
Oh, and a generous layer of Fritos corn chips across the top!
It is a gooey, loaded macaroni & cheese that your hungry fans really love.
To get the recipe for Crack Mac, just look right below this photo!
Crack Mac (aka Crazy Addictive Macaroni & Cheese)
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 pounds Velveeta processed cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound spicy bulk sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta well and set aside.
- Place into a large Dutch oven or deep pot the Velveeta and the milk. Stir these over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the crumbled sausage and the tomatoes. Add in the cooked pasta and stir to thoroughly coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Cook the macaroni & cheese over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until it is heated through and bubbly. Remove the pot from the heat. Spread the Fritos over the top of the macaroni & cheese in the pot and serve, or garnish the macaroni & cheese with Fritos after it's ladled out into serving dishes. Serve it while it's hot.