This recipe from our good friends Kari and Eli Phillips was the winner of the Chef's Vote at our 2017 Macaroni & Cheese Cook-Off!
This rich and cheesy concoction includes Velveeta, spicy Italian sausage and diced tomatoes with chiles.
Oh, and a generous layer of Fritos corn chips across the top!
It is a gooey, loaded macaroni & cheese that your hungry fans really love.
To get the recipe for Crack Mac, just look right below this photo!
Crack Mac (aka Crazy Addictive Macaroni & Cheese)
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 pounds Velveeta processed cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pound spicy bulk sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 10 ounces Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta well and set aside.
- Place into a large Dutch oven or deep pot the Velveeta and the milk. Stir these over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the crumbled sausage and the tomatoes. Add in the cooked pasta and stir to thoroughly coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Cook the macaroni & cheese over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until it is heated through and bubbly. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Spread the Fritos over the top of the macaroni & cheese in the pot and serve, or garnish the macaroni & cheese with Fritos after it's ladled out into serving dishes. Serve it while it's hot.