Chewy Chocolate Thins Cookies… well, the name says it all. These cookies are delicious in their simplicity. I included these cocoa gems in my first College Care Package to my daughter! Click here to read the blog post, How To Make A College Care Package.
Just look at these babies. Don’t be deceived by their plain-Jane looks. They are exquisite.
How about chasing these cookies with some other yummies? Here are the three other treats I added to my daughter’s Care package:
Chewy Chocolate Thins
- 2/3 c. cocoa powder
- 2-1/3 c. all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 TB strong coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, and butter for about 3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and egg, and mix until combined. Mix in the coffee.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in 2 or 3 additions, and mix together on low speed until combined. The mixture will look light and a little sticky.
- Drop the dough onto the lined baking sheets by tablespoonfuls, with about 2″ between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes. The cookies will flatten and be just firm enough to easily move with a spatula. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Once completely cool they may be stored in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
Makes about 36 cookies.