This smoothie has been our summertime treat these past few days. It is, if I may say so, quite yummy. Tangy Greek yogurts and a dash of vanilla ice cream are blended with fresh strawberries and a few chocolate chips. The chips get dashed about and chopped up by the blender, adding delightful bits of chocolate throughout the smoothie and a few at the bottom of the glass. You will love digging for those bits at the bottom of the glass!
Don’t feel bad about the chocolate in your smoothie… you’re already way ahead by making the healthy choice of having this fruit and yogurt concoction. The chocolate is just a teeny, tiny reward for that.
Strawberry Lime Smoothie with Bits of Chocolate
- 5 ounces (about 2/3-cup) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces (about 2/3-cup) key lime Greek yogurt
- 1/2-cup vanilla bean ice cream
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 6 medium strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high, following manufacturer instructions, until all the ingredients are incorporated and the ice is crushed, making a smooth mixture. (Add a little water or fruit juice if your blender is struggling to get things whirling.)
- Pour into two tall glasses and serve immediately.
Makes two 10-ounce servings.